Monday 30 March 2015

Nomad

Poached Egg and Wilted Kale, Buttermilk Dressing, Smoked Goat Cheese, Puffed Grains $13 3.5/5 - The smoked goat cheese was pretty strong.  I hope they could give us a choice of replacing it with different cheese.  The puffed grains added a nice texture on top with the kale.  I found the kale too strong.  It would be much better if it was a different vegetable.

Vegetable Pakoras, Panang, Cilantro $8 3/5 - The pakoras could be crispier with more curry sauce.


Pork Belly, Garlic Whipped Potatoes, Broccolini, Sweet Plum Wine $23 $4.5/5 - I loved it.  Crispy pork belly + creamy mashed.  The pork belly was fatty but the layers of fat could be removed easily.

Pumpkin Pie Crème Brulée, Sugar Cookie Crumble, Vanilla Bean Whip $8 4.5/5 - Recommended by our server,  the creme brûlée wasn't overly sweet and well balanced with the slight salted vanilla bean whip.  I loved the crust on top was not overly thick.  The crumble at the bottom also added a texture.  It was much better than the creme brûlée I had at Sweet Obsession the next day.

I would come back just for the pork belly and the pumpkin pie creme brûlée.  I want to give it a try during happy hour next time.  It recently has started serving brunch.  I'm looking forward to some interesting dishes on the brunch menu before I decide to give it a try.  For example, I heard their Crispy Duck Poutine in Poutine Challenge was pretty good.  Please consider adding it to your regular dinner and brunch menu!  I don't understand why I could reserve through Yelp but not through opentable.  It would be great if I can find Nomad there.

Nomad on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment